Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Art Class

Things are different here. The art class is soooo eeffffiiinngggg ddddiiiffffeeerrreeennntttt!!!!
When I was in Jakarta, there was music class and seni rupa class.
I love the music class. Ok even when I was there, I didn't like it though.
The seni rupa class was fun. We drew perspective, hard but good. Etc etc.

Here in my new school, the music class is karawitan class. It is like gamelan etc etc.
That's great! I'd like to play any kind of music instrumnents.
But, TADAAAA, there is no seni rupa class! Damn.
And there is DANCING CLASS. God. I don't like and I can't do dancing.

I think I will miss the music theories I had in Santa Ursula.
Bach, Mozart, etc etc. music theories, studying melodies, music scales, etc etc.
Formal music education and international music aducation.

Here, the art class is so Indonesian. I like it. But I want international and formal music education too.
I want to learn music scales, not balok, istilah musik, perkembangan jaman musik kaya barok, romantik, etc etc.
And I want drawing lesson! We don't have it here. Arghhhh....


I miss Romo Gabriel and Pak Anton, art teachers in SMP Santa Ursula Jakarta.
Thank you for the lessons you've given. You two were great.

No comments:

Post a Comment